Hostel: Home Away From Home
GIST has created an ambience just like home in the form of its modern hostel.
The segregated accommodation facility for boys and girls has all the arrangement
For a peaceful stay in an amicable atmosphere
The boys hostel has separate library, reading room, shuttle courts and a shop to facilitate the students. The hostel blocks also have STD facility.
- The college has separate hostel for women.
- The girl’s hostel has Shuttle courts, Table tennis and a shop to facilitate the students.
- The hostel blocks also have STD facility
- Well furnished rooms
- Clean and hygienic at all times
- Nutritious and delicious food
- 24x 7 mineral water
- Academic guidance by resident faculty
- Round the clock library, TV & Internet (Wi-Fi) facilities
- Separate mess for north-Indian food
Rules And Regulations for hostel residents
- Perfect silence is to be maintained in the hostel premises including rooms, bathrooms, dining halls, corridors, common areas etc., Every student of the hostel should have the civic responsibility that he or she should not be a cause of nuisance, annoyance or disturbance to others.
- All hostellers have to be present in their respective rooms and keep open the rooms between 9:30 pm &10:30 pm every day (except Saturday for Men’s Hostel) to enable the Wardens / Block Supervisors to take the attendance.
- The hostellers are not to enter into any unnecessary conversation, discussions, quarrel or altercation with the hostel staff. If anyone has any complaint against any employee of the hostel, a written complaint against the person is to be lodged with the Warden. Use of abusive, vulgar and unparliamentarily language against the hostel/mess staff is strictly forbidden.
- The hostellers shall not waste food, electricity & water. Wastage of food is a national loss. If anyone is found indulging in such wastage, he/she will be asked to vacate the hostel, since wastage causes unnecessary and unavoidable expenditure to others.
- Smoking is prohibited in the hostel buildings. Gambling in any form such as playing cards (even without money at stake), consumption of alcohol, use of drugs and narcotics and even possession of such things are prohibited. Anyone found indulging in the use of such things will not only be asked to vacate the hostel but also be rusticated from the college.
- Possession of any lethal weapons or any instrument / contrivance, which is likely to cause physical harm to others, is strictly prohibited.
- If any hosteller is found indulging in any form of instigation / intimidation / threat to any other hostellers he / she will be asked to vacate the hostel forthwith. In this regard, the decision of the Chief Warden is final and binding on the individual’s concerned.
- Day scholars are not allowed in the hostel.
- Celebrating birthday parties inside the hostel is strictly prohibited.
- Collection of donation for any purpose (Religious / otherwise) is also strictly prohibited.
- Students are not allowed to stay in the hostel during the class hours unless the stay is unavoidable due to illness or any other valid reason. In such cases they should take the permission of the Deputy Warden and communicate the information to the Chief Warden in writing.
- Hostellers coming to the Hostel after the gate closing hours without prior permission or without valid reason would be fined. Regular late comers will not be allowed to stay in the hostel.
- Wrong entry, improper / lack of entry in exit register, signing on behalf of another person, tampering with the entries, proxy attendance and misguidance of any nature are punishable. In case of any quarrel between or among room mates it should be reported to the Warden for appropriate action.
- A separate Mess Card will be issued to each hostel block student. The identity card is to be produced at the dining hall, at the time of breakfast, lunch, tea and dinner, failing which service in the dining hall is liable to be refused, for want of identification Violation of any of these rules would result in punitive action and serious violations would be referred to the “Students Disciplinary Committee”. The decision of the committee would however be final.
- Bringing food from mess to the sick persons in Hostels can be done, after getting the written permission from the Deputy Warden / Additional Superintendent.
- Strict silence should be observed between 9:30 pm & 6:00 am.
Prohibition of Raging in Education Institutes, Institutions Hostels and Outside – ACT 26 of 1997.
- Ragging within or outside any education institution is prohibited.
- Raging means doing Act which causes or is likely to cause insult or annoyance or fear or apprehension or threat or intimidation or outrage of modesty or injury to a student.
- Raging is prohibited as per Act 26 of A.P. Legislative Assembly.1997.
- Ragging entails heavy fines and/or imprisonment.
- Raging invokes suspension and dismissal from the college.
- Outsiders are prohibited from entering the college and Hostel without permission.
- All the students must carry their identity cards and show them when demanded.
Special Rules for foreign/other state students
- All the Hostel Discipline given are applicable to the Foreign/other state students as well. In addition, the following special rules are meant exclusively for foreign students
- If any student wants to leave the country on vacation or for any other purpose, the individual will submit a written application at least 15 days prior to the date of departure to the Dean to enable the office to obtain all the required clearances from the authorities concerned.
- The application should have details such as (i) purpose, (ii) duration of stay outside India, (iii) full contact address with phone number.
- No student shall leave the town without the written consent as indicated above. Failure will be treated as serious violation of rules and the appropriate authorities will be informed for pursuing further action.